The American Shakespeare Center is pleased to offer the following Artistic internships. Applicants should be at a point in their academic study or career to successfully work alongside professionals at a major theater. Internship goals include:
• reinforcement of academic (or practical) learning
• exposure to a professional work environment
• acquisition of new knowledge and skills
• guidance in determining career possibilities.
• A typical internship requires the completion of about 150 hours. A few internships, such as stage management, require an extended commitment through the run of a show.
• Applicants seeking academic credit should verify that ASC hour requirements meet that of the home institution.
• Although interns are not employees of the American Shakespeare Center, they do represent the organization and, therefore, will be expected to adhere to all policies in the employee manual.
Please see below for detailed descriptions and, following those, approximate dates/times of internships currently available in the Artistic department. In addition to the times listed, additional preparation time may be required leading up to rehearsals.
If you are interested in applying for an internship, please submit the ASC Internship Application, a letter of interest, and a resume using our online form. If you have any difficulty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Rehearsals for the plays are currenly scheduled at the follwing times:
Anyone wishing to act at the ASC should schedule an audition during the advertised national audition tour and they will be considered for a position as a regular troupe member or an apprentice.
Please directly apply to the casting director through following instructions on the audition web page.
|<< January 2015 >>|
The Taming of the Shrew
Saturday, January 31, 2015, 2:00 pm
Saturday, January 31, 2015, 7:30 pm
Actors' Renaissance Season