The Comedy of Errors - Stuff that happens in the play
Stuff that happens in the play
- Because of a feud between the cities of Ephesus and Syracuse, Duke Solinus (of Ephesus) condemns Egeon (a merchant from Syracuse) to death.
- Egeon recounts the story of his life:
- The Duke grants Egeon one day to secure a ransom.
- Unaware of his father’s situation or location, Antipholus of Syracuse and his servant Dromio arrive in Ephesus.
- Unknown to both Egeon and Antipholus of Syracuse, the other Antipholus lives in Ephesus with his wife Adriana, her sister Luciana, and his lifelong servant Dromio.
- Antipholus of Syracuse sends his Dromio to secure their lodging.
- Adriana sends her Dromio to fetch her husband home to dinner.
- Confusions, mistaken identities, beatings, arrests, and errors ensue.